The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has announced a downward review of the 2026 Hajj fares across all zones and cancelled the previous slots allocation to state pilgrim boards, adopting a first-come, first-served system.
According to Fatima Sanda Usara, Deputy Director, Information and Public Relations at NAHCON, the review followed extensive consultations with relevant stakeholders and approval from the appropriate authorities.
She said the new rates now stand at ₦7,579,020.96 for the Maiduguri/Yola Zone (down from ₦8,118,033.67), ₦7,696,769.76 for the Northern Zone (previously ₦8,244,813.67), and ₦7,991,141.76 for the Southern Zone (down from ₦8,561,013.67).
NAHCON explained that the revised fares were computed based on an exchange rate of ₦1,443 per US Dollar, resulting in reductions ranging from ₦539,013 to ₦569,871 depending on the zone.
The Commission urged intending pilgrims to complete payment of their fares by 5th December 2026 to meet Saudi Arabia’s strict deadline for funds transfer.
“The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has fixed 21st December 2026 as the final date for the transfer of all funds for basic services contracts and has vowed not to extend the date,” Usara said. She warned that international transfers typically take one to two weeks to clear, making early remittance critical.
At a meeting held on Monday, 10th November 2025, NAHCON further announced the cancellation of the previous slot allocation to states, stating that only states that remit payments early will secure seats for their registered pilgrims.
Alhaji Idris Almakura, Chairman of the Forum of State Pilgrims Welfare Boards, Agencies and Commissions, urged state chairmen to conclude their assignments in Saudi Arabia quickly and return home to begin mobilization for the Hajj registration exercise, emphasizing the urgency of meeting Nigeria’s quota within the Saudi timeline.
Share via:
