Family petitions NiDCOM over killing of A Nigerian in South Africa 

 The family of Abudu has petitioned the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) over the death of a 40 year-old Abudu Adedayo Temitope, who was killed by a yet-to-be identified assailant in Johannesburg, South Africa. In the petition signed by Mr. Abudu Olatunde Mustapha, a brother to the deceased, implored the Commission to investigate the killing of his brother Adedayo and bring the culprits to justice. He narrated that his brother, who lived in Delvers street, Central Johannesburg South Africa, was gunned down on January 5th, 2021 by unknown gunmen for…

Killings in SA: We are glad that Justice has been done – Dabiri-Erewa

Chairman/CEO Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) , Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa has expressed satisfaction over the justice meted out to the police officer that killed a Nigerian in South Africa. In a statement issued by the Head of Media and Public Relations Unit of the Commission, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, she said ” We are glad that justice has been done”. ” We had always stated that there has to be consequences for actions. We are glad that this case finally came to an end and South Africa has demonstrated the political will…

XENOPHOBIA: Air Peace To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has stated that following the recent unfortunate xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals, including Nigerians in South Africa, the Proprietor of Air Peace Airlines Chief Allen Onyema, has volunteered to send an aircraft from Friday 6th September 2019 to evacuate Nigerians who wish to return to Nigeria free of charge Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a. release signed by its spokesperson,Ferdinand Nwonye however advised Nigerians to inform their relatives in South Africa to take advantage of this laudable gesture. “Interested Nigerians are therefore advised to liaise…

Omo-Agege Condemns Attacks on Nigerians In South Africa, Calls for Decisive Action.

The Deputy Senate President , Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, has described the latest attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa by its citizens as callous, cowardly, inhumane and a dastard act that should be condemned by all. Omo-Agege, who said he was personally appalled by the glaring debasement of humanity with the gross bestiality displayed in some video clips of the attacks being circulated on the social media, said he is pleased that the Federal Government has taken a tougher stance on what seemed to have became a routine by some…

We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attack on Nigerians, Lawan Tells S/Africa

Senate President, Ahmad Lawan on Monday condemned the continuous killings of Nigerians in South Africa, warned that further attack on Nigerians would no longer be condoned. Lawan expressed concern that about 118 Nigerians had so far lost their lives in different attacks over the years, out of which 13 were by South African Police. A statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mohammed Isa said Lawan made this known when he hosted the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Bobby Moroe. Moroe and his delegation paid the visit…