The fire incident which occurred on Monday morning, November 6, 2023, was triggered by a diesel tank explosion in the generator house at the Canadian Embassy.
FCT Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said the incident happened at about 10:45am.
Reports say the two MIKANO engines were being serviced by a five-man team from JMD company when it exploded.
One of the power-generating sets was said to be working, while the other one was being serviced.
The fire occurred when the tank of diesel in the generator house, containing 2,000 litres of diesel exploded.
Two of the personnel servicing the generator were fatally injured and two persons survived and are on admission at the National Hospital Trauma Centre with severe burns.
FEMA Head, Public Affairs, Nkechi Isa, said the FCT Fire Service, which was mobilised to the scene, contained the fire around 12.30 pm.
Ambulances from the Ministry of Defence Ship House, Abuja Federal Fire Service ambulance and FCT Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) were on hand at the scene of the incident.
Reacting to the incident, the Acting Director General of FEMA, Mr. Mohammed Ibrahim Sabo, urged caution in the handling of petroleum products, particularly with the onset of the dry season.
He appealed to residents to always use the 112 emergency toll free number in the event of a disaster.