1. This may be the shortest letter you have read because there is no need for preamble and pleasantries.
2. I’m a citizen of Nigeria from Iseyin, in Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State where insecurity is the worst under your watch.
3. Mr Governor Sir, the authority of the state and therefore the legitimacy to remain in the Government House Agodi as Governor of Oyo State just slipped out of your hands and passed into the hands of your Political dog, Sunday Igboho. This happened in Igangan last Friday.
4. You lost the legitimacy to remain in power when people in Oyo State roasted and ate police men in the state capital without a wink of your eyes let alone a drop of tears to prompt you into the right and responsible action.
6. You lost your authority when you ordered the evacuation of the streets and public highways and the people remain adamant without any consequences.
7. You finally lost every excuse to remain in office when Sunday Igboho gave ultimatum to some people and effected their eviction in defiance of your orders and without any consequences.
Prayer: Mr Governor, it is time to go. Abdicate anyhow but formally. Don’t wait until Sunday Igboho comes to eject you from office. Leave, as you have lost all legitimacy to remain. Leave before everyone is killed by the new Sheriff in town.
Prof Taofiq Adesina AbdulAzeez
Imam, University of Abuja
Imam, Da’wah Front of Nigeria