The death had occurred today of three Zamfara State government sponsored pilgrims in a ghastly motor accident on their way to Makkah from Madinah.
News report shows that the deceased were Chairmen of three local government areas of the State.
The accident occurred this morning, some one hundred and twenty kilometers, away from the City of the Prophet, Madinah.
Confirming the accident and the deaths to Freedom Radio Group in Makkah, the Commissioner in Charge of health matters of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Dr Ibrahim Abubakar Kana said the Saudi security in Madinah called to inform the Nigeria Hajj handlers about the accident, the victims and the other three survivors of the accident, all from Zamfara State.
Dr Ibrahim Kana said already a medical team has been sent on the instruction of the Chairman of the Commission, Barrister Abdullah Mukhtar Muhammad to liaise with the NAHCON Madinah Coordinator, Alhaji Ahmad Maigari to link up with the Saudi security and health authorities for necessary documentation and final burial arrangement.
The deceased were from, Kauran Namoda, Maru and Shinkafi local government areas of Zamfara State, while the three survivors are from Anka, Bukkuyum, and Gummi local government areas of the State.
Those died includes
1. Alh. Jafarau Gidan Sambo of Kaura Namoda Local Government
2. Alh. Mudi Mallamawa of Shinkafi Local Government
3. Alh. Abdullahi Shugaba Ruwan Dorowa of Maru Local Government
The Survivors included
1. Alh. Nasiru Anka of Anka Local Government
2. Alh. Tafa Nasarawa Bukkuyum of Bukkuyum Iocal Government (Under treatment)
3. Alh. Garba Ziti of Gummi (Under treatment) of Gummi Local Government
This brings the number of Nigerian pilgrims that died so far, in the holy land this year to ten.