Spread the love
Kogi State Commissioner of Police, CP Ayuba Ede on Wednesday paraded fifty-six suspected people that looted materials and vandalised property worth several millions of naira in Lokoja between last Sunday and Monday respectively.
The suspects arrested are as follows:-
1. Abdulrahman Nuhu —— 33yrs
2. Bala Joshua —————— 25yrs
4. Umar Ibrahim ————————- 40yrs 5. Jude Obinna ————————- 20yrs 6. Ado Ibrahim ————————- 17yrs 7. Damudi Adamu ———————23yrs
8. Haruna Mohammed————-51yrs 9. Adamu Yahaya ———————-45yrs
10. Tijani Danjuma ——————-24yrs
11. Muhammed Umar —————-29yrs
13. Abu Ebuka ————————– 38yrs 14. Umoru Abdulmalik—————30yrs
15. Hassan Salihu———————-40yrs
16. Mohammed Abdulkareem–48yrs
17. Mamuda Idris ——————– 35yrs
18. Ismaila Audu————————-31yrs
While the exhibits recovered wre as follows:-
a. Spraying Pump machine
b. Agro Chemicals
c. Cartoons of Surgical Gloves
d. A kit containing spanners and screw drivers
e. Different types/models of motorcycles
f. Several Kekenapeps
g. A pair of ram boots
(B). Nine suspected looters are arrested in connection with the breaking and looting of the warehouse of Essential Drug, properties of Kogi State Government.
The suspects are as follows:-
1. Sunday Edino ————————- 46yrs
2. Mary Esude ————————- 50yrs
3. Olapeju Jethro ——————— 45yrs
4. Mohammed Umar ————— 22yrs
5. Ibrahim Abdulrazak—————-17yrs
6. Jethro Seye ————————- 22yrs
7. Rufai Otaru ————————- 30yrs
8. Abubakar Umar ———————-38yrs
9. Alfa Adamu ————————- 25yrs.
Exhibits recovered were as follows:- (a). Peugeot 407, Reg. N0 Lagos APP 897 AZ containing different types of assorted drugs and medical equipments stolen from the Government’s Essential drugs warehouse.
C) Further investigation led to the arrest of additional thirteen (13) suspects in connection with the breaking and looting of Essential Drugs at the Kogi State Agricultural Development Project and the Ministry of Works warehouse and carted away items and equipment values yet to be ascertained.
Suspects arrested are as follows:-
1. Jegeri Isah ————————- 18yrs
2. Ibrahim David ———————— 39yrs
3. Umoru Micheal ———————23yrs
4. Osama Ibrahim ——————— 27yrs
5. Aliyu Usman ————————- 25yrs
6. Abdulrazak Mati —————— 28yrs
7. Sadiq Lawal ————————- 18yrs
8. Halifa Danladi ———————- 18yrs
9. Akwu Kedonoji———————-18yrs
10. Tenimu Salihu ——————— 27yrs
11. John Moses ———————— 34yrs
12. Osama Abubakar —————18yrs
13. Nezipah Abdullahi ————18yrs
Exhibits recovered were as follows:-
a). Two (2) sacks containing forcefully dismembered air conditioners, Computers and other electronics
(b). Some medical equipments stolen from Essential drugs warehouse
(d) Six (6) spraying can
(f) two ceiling fans.
Parading the suspects at the command headquarter in Lokoja, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ayuba Ede said this was in compliance with the directives of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu to reclaim the public space and restore normalcy across the federation and to bring an end to wanton violence, killings, looting and destruction of public and private properties and to get rid of criminal elements masquerading as protesters in some parts of the country.
He noted that consequent upon the reports of looting of some government facilities across Lokoja metropolis, he mobilized and personally led other heads of security agencies and coordinate the operation to halt further slide into lawlessness and brigandage.
“May I use this medium to advise the Law abiding people in the state to go about their lawful businesses. However, warn all miscreants that the Command in synergy with other Security agencies in the state will not hesitate to apply the full wrath of law against persons who take the law into their hands.
“Finally, the renewed commitment of the Command to sustain the tempo of the fight against criminality in the state and guarantee protection of life and properties remain unequivocal and unwavering”.CP Ayuba Ede said.