Al-Ummah Zakat & Sadaqah Foundation is a brain child of the MSSN B-Zone. The foundation is a duly registered, private zakat/Sadaqat administrator charged with the collection and distribution of zakat across Nigeria from / to deserving members of the Muslim Ummah from its Ibadan base. It currently seeks to employ an Executive Secretary to oversee its operations.
The Executive Secretary will report directly to the Board of Trustees and will be the head of the Executive Committee of the foundation. He/She will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the foundation in line with the operational strategy approved by the board. He/she shall deliver the approved annual plans of the board.
As the overall operational leader of the foundation, He /She will be responsible for collaboratively developing and implementing the master plan and supervising all of the foundation’s program which includes zakat/sadaqah collection and organizational administration. The Executive Secretary is also responsible for leading his /her team towards a culture of transparency and evidence-based accountability. As the lead relationship officer, he /she is to ensure the foundation maintains an excellent reputation with all its strategic partners and the general public.
Strong candidates will distinguish themselves by their leadership qualities and their commitment to result and would demonstrate strong ability to take responsibility planning, execution, relationship management and delivery. Success in this role requires a collaborative leadership style that can build consensus in an environment which emphasises evidence-based transparency as a core value.
– Preparation and delivery of the annual plans and execution strategy of the foundation based on agreed key performance indicators with the board.
– Effectively work as head of the organization management to formulate /implement the day to day decisions of the foundation. Preparation and submission of periodic reports to the board.
– Effectively work with staff to ensure that the goals of the foundation’s strategic plan are implemented.
– Oversee zakat assessment (payment and receipt)
Al –Ummah Zakat & Sadaqah Foundation, Headquarters, Ibadan, Nigeria
– Observe methods and propose /execute improvements
– Collaborate with other organizations and relevant individuals in the administration of zakat and sadaqah.
– Coordinate the process of primary and supplemental staff engagement – hiring,
training and evaluation. Plan and lead professional development activities for staff.
– Execute any other assignment as directed by the board.
– 2 years experience preferably in a similar position
– Should possess good Management and leadership skills
– Candidate should be comfortable with numbers.
– Proven visionary leadership including excellent organizational, relationship and communication skills.
– Ability to work effectively in a participatory manner with all segments of the Muslim community.
– Proven ability to create a positive work environment that benefits all stakeholders.
– Understanding of issues concerning zakat and sadaqah.
– Educational qualification: Minimum of first degree or HND
– Remuneration shall commensurate with what obtainable in civil servant
Method of Application
All applications should be directed to the foundation email address: email@example.com.
For further enquiries please contact: 08055115001, 08033725061, 08038550335, 08055363321